With membership, you will receive:
- A personalized ETA membership wall certificate, personalized wallet card.
- A subscription to the High Tech News (HTN), the exclusive bi-monthly publication of ETA International, which currently reaches more than 10,000 technicians worldwide, and features information on the latest specialty techniques, technologies, trends, news, jobs, certification information and more.
- Access to ETA member clothing, lapel pins, study materials and other items to showcase your involvement in the industry.
- Discounts of up to 50 percent on attendance at ETA conventions, featuring extensive educational sessions and opportunities to meet top professionals and companies representing their industry.
- Free and discounted online practice exams for some of ETA’s popular certifications including:
- Associate CET (CETa)
- Broadband Voice over Internet Protocol (B-VoIP)
- Certified Satellite Installer (CSI)
- Certified Service Manager (CSM)
- Computer Service Technician (CST)
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS)
- Electronics Modules (EM1-5)
- Industrial (IND)
- Network Computer Technician (NCT)
- Network Systems Technician (NST)
- Residential Electronics Systems Integrator (RESI)
- Student Electronics Technician (SET)
- Wireless Communications (WCM)
- Wireless Network Technician (WNT)
- FCC Commercial License practice exams are also available.
Who Can Join
If you are a student, professional or military technician, or teacher in one of the industries ETA serves, then you are eligible to join ETA. If your company or school plans to provide products or services in any area of electronics, then you are eligible to join ETA. Hardware manufacturers, public and private educational institutions, services providers and allied groups can have a voice in the not-for-profit professional Electronics Technicians Association. With membership, you will have:
- Opportunities for your company or school to become involved in technician and dealer concerns and participate in improving the electronics industry.
- Insight into the politics, trends and issues facing the industry and technicians, as well as how government actions affect the industry.
- A continuing stream of technical information to assist your company’s management team, with employment-help monographs and other resources available in the ETA library for a nominal fee.
ETA's Certification Programs
Although professional certification is not a requirement for ETA membership, and membership is not required for an ETA certification, certification represents all of your achievements, and ETA offers extensive information to assist you in reaching your certification and employment goals.