Technical Training Discount for Wireless Communications Professionals at EF20
Join a diverse group of industry professionals including government/military, public safety, utility, transportation, network infrastructure and business enterprise for career-enhancing training and accredited certification opportunities during ETA International’s Education Forum, co-locating with the International Wireless Communications Expo, March 30-April 3, 2020 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Greencastle, September 24, 2019: The job demand for skilled professionals in wireless communications technology has never been greater. In order to help develop qualified professionals who can meet that demand, ETA® International will again host hands-on training courses during Education Forum 2020 (EF20), which will co-locate with the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE). ETA’s industry partners will offer unparalleled hands-on training opportunities leading to accredited certifications that validate both knowledge and skills necessary for successful careers in today’s communications industry.
Get a 20% discount with code ETASOCIAL on these popular hands-on training workshops leading to accredited ETA certification:
- Basic Electronics - Associate Certified Electronics Technician (CETa) This course is designed for practicing electronics technicians needing more in-depth information and expert guidance to enhance their skill level.
- Communications Site Installer (R56)This course provides a documented set of standards & guidelines for designing safe and reliable communications sites to help guarantee personnel safety, equipment reliability and equipment availability.
- Cybersecurity - Information Technology Security (ITS)This course will give you all of the necessary skills to be successful in today's Cybersecurity industry.
- Distributed Antenna Systems and BDA Design, Installation & Maintenance (DAS)This course is open to anyone in the industry, regardless of experience level or job classification. It is for anyone interested in learning the fundamental theories, components, installation, maintenance, and support of in-building DAS and bi-directional amplifiers (BDAs).
- Fiber Optics for Wireless (FTAA)This course examines ‘how fiber works’ and the fundamentals of different fibers, cables, connectors and other hardware used in fiber optic communication networks. All of this is with a focus on Fiber to Any Antenna (FTAA) and small cell network applications. After learning the basics and the nuances of fiber within wireless networks, attendees will build skills and best practices in hands-on labs for fiber splicing, cable preparation, OTDR and optical loss testing.
- General Communications Technician, Level 1 (GCT1)This course will train on the practices and procedures common to radio communications technicians. It is ideal for federal, state, local and tribal emergency response professionals, communications/support personnel with communications backgrounds and individuals who are responsible for managing a Strategic Technology Reserve (radio cache, mobile communications vehicle or other deployable communications assets).
- Line and Antenna Sweep (LAS)This course is for technicians who use a frequency domain reflectometer (FDR) for an introduction to antenna system commissioning. Examine the RF fundamentals and mathematics of decibels, coaxial cable fundamentals and installation, RF connectors, and antenna theory, frequency domain reflectometer testing and interpretations, FDR operation and troubleshooting techniques.
- Microwave Radio Technician (MRT)This course will take a systems approach in the examination and analysis of microwave radio communication. Attendees will learn the importance of microwave and millimeter wave radio systems as we move further into 5G, LTE and FirstNet, while addressing the changes in roles, performance, installation and maintenance of microwave and millimeter wave radios.
- Passive Intermodulation Testing (PIM)This course will address what PIM is, how it is tested, why it is important and the difference between PIM testing and other antenna testing techniques. Prerequisites include a general wireless knowledge. Antenna construction practices and antenna line sweep testing are a plus, but not required.
- Practical Antenna Basics (PAB)This course will examine the fundamental principles of RF propagation and explore antennas’ critical roles in wireless communications systems.
- RF Interference Mitigation (RFIM)This course will provide all of the necessary skills in order to find and correct RF signal interference. The class begins with basic theory of radio and test equipment, concluding with hands-on applications of everyday problems found in the field. Designed to include beginners as well as senior level technicians and engineers, this course goes beyond interference hunting!
- 5G Technician – An Introduction to 5G (5GT)This course is aimed at cellular technicians and engineers with basic knowledge of the wireless industry and covers a variety of topics including: 5G linguistics, uses of 5G (enterprise, consumers and government systems), 5G equipment specifications, 5G networks, 5G construction best practices, 5G infrastructure design and general design thinking principles and concepts.
Discover workshop dates, specific details, and register to attend these hands-on training workshops at http://iwceexpo.com.
About the Education Forum - ETA International is proud to host hands-on training through outside vendors in popular technology areas related to ETA certification during Education Forum, co-located with the International Wireless Communications Expo, March 30-April 3, 2020, in Las Vegas, NV. ETA's partners, the industry’s most respected trainers, will provide in-depth hands-on training in key areas of expertise beginning on Monday, March 30th. Following each training class, ETA will provide opportunities to test for ETA certification.
About ETA - Since 1978, ETA has delivered over 200,000 certification examinations successfully. Widely recognized and frequently used in worker job selection, hiring processes, pay increases, and advancements, ETA certifications are often required as companies bid on contracts. ETA’s certifications are personal and travel with the individual, regardless of employment or status change and measure competencies of persons, not products or vendors. All ETA certifications are accredited through the International Certification Accreditation Council (ICAC) and align with the ISO-17024 standard. www.etai.org .
About International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) - Since 1977, the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) has been the authoritative annual event for communications technology professionals. IWCE features over 370 exhibitors showcasing the latest products and trends in the industry. Over 7,000 individuals attend from a diverse group of industry professionals including government/military, public safety, utility, transportation and business enterprise. IWCE 2020 will be held March 30-April 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information, visit www.iwceexpo.com.
Download this press release at – www.etai.org/pr/Technical_Training_Discount_for_Wireless_Communications_Professionals_at_EF20.pdf